PARTY MUSIC 1 | A PLAYLIST WITH THE BEST PARTY SONGS TO GET THE YOU GOING 🥳️
Who doesn’t like that moment when entering a club, bar or disco they play your a party song like ‘I Gotta Feeling‘ by Black Eyed Peas, or while partying with friends, you start listening to “I Will Survive” song. We have compiled 13 of the best party songs with the sole purpose that you HAVE A GREAT TIME 🎉! As always, you’ll find stories and fun facts about all.
Party Music | Stories behind 13 of the best party songs
You know how much we like music stories, and with these party songs it couldn’t be different. Discover the origin and anecdotes of all those tunes with which you’ve danced the night away. We are sure you will find some new tunes that will become part of your next parties’ lineup 🎊
- Who doesn’t know ABBA? The wonderful Swedish band that get us up out of our chairs with all their songs. Don’t make me confess the number of times my mother has seen ‘Mamma Mia‘ movie . Truth is that the film is very cool.
- ‘Gimme! Gimme! Gimme!‘ wasn’t ABBA’s biggest hit, but it is without a doubt one of their most listened to party songs.
- Although ABBA resisted at first, Madonna managed to convince them to sample the song on her ‘Hung Up‘ track. She had to send an emissary to Stockholm with a letter pleading and telling them how much she liked their music.
- For those of you who are a bit of music geeks (like me 😅), know that the legendary chorus was played with an analog synthesizer called ARP Odyssey.
- A party kickstarter, that’s what this song by French DJ David Guetta and former Destiny’s Child member (which we also have on this playlist), Kelly Rowland is.
- ‘When Love Takes Over‘ marked the international take-off of the one who is currently the most famous disc jockey in the world, in addition to giving Guetta his first Grammy.
- Kelly Rowland, who wrote the lyrics, explained she was moved to tears the first time she heard the song’s melody:
I felt so much emotion from the track; something happened the first time I heard it, and it was just beautiful.
I remember thinking, ‘Why is he touching me this way?’ You know, it was like there was some link between our souls.
- I know! You started nodding in the moment the song played. I can’t help it either 🤣 It gives you that Friday feeling.
- Of course, it’s Cher’s greatest hit, even though, the songwriter, Diane Warren, recounted that Cher hated the song at the beginning and had to force her to sing it:
I held her leg down during a session and said, ‘You have to record it!’
- It seems that Cher’s response was very subtle “Fuck you, bitch! You’re hurting my leg! Ok, I’ll try it”. She ended up loving the songs, just like everyone else.
- The video is also memorable. It was filmed with real sailors who kept calling Cher ‘ma’am‘. It would be the last time that the Navy allowed one of their ships to be used for a video clip, due to the controversy that arose over Cher’s sexy outfit.
4. ANA MENA & BECKY G FT. DE LA GUETTO | Ya Es Hora (It’s about time)
Ya Es Hora | Spain, Dominican Republic & USA | 2018
- We all know that Latin music is in fashion, but finding songs that, along with reggaeton rap, incorporate a cool melody and good vocals, is a challenge. ‘Ya es Hora (It’s about time)‘ fully complies.
- Spanish Ana Mena convinced 2 of the most important Latin stars of the moment, Becky G and De la Guetto, to join her in this upbeat song that gets you in a party mood.
- The video tells the story of a boy who is cheating on 2 young women, Ana Mena and Becky G, who decide to join forces and teach him a lesson 🏏 A song that makes you wanna dance, just what we need.
- Fedde Le Grand is one of those musicians who doesn’t stop playing at festivals and clubs after more than 20 years of career and dozens of dance hits. This Dutch DJ knows very well how to make people move, not least he has been considered on several occasions as one of the most innovative deejays.
- In this great song, ‘Sparks‘, he featured his compatriot Nicky Romero, well known for tunes like ‘Toulouse‘ or ‘I Could Be the One‘.
- Also collaborating we can find Matthew Koma, who, despite starting his musical career in Punk rock, moved towards electronic music, with the luck that he was invited to sing this track, which is still played at all clubs.
- Great thing about music is that there are tons of rhythms that get us on the dancefloor. Electronic, Latin, pop, hip-hop, or in Destiny’s Child case, R&B. By the way, the 3 names behind this band are the amazing Beyoncé, Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams. High quality ☝
- “Lose my Breath” was released in 2004. It was the reunion of the group after 3 years of separation, and it turned out to be their biggest commercial success.
- Jay-Z, Beyoncé’s husband, was the one who gave the idea for the legendary chorus ‘Can you keep up?’. The band has commented on several occasions that the song is about guys that can’t impress them or keep up with the fast life they live.
- The song is an up-tempo track with a military march that makes it perfect for dancing.
You might also like:
🎅 PLAYLIST | Christmas Songs
🏋 PLAYLIST | Workout Music
🥇 PLAYLIST | All Time Hits
🚗 PLAYLIST | Best Car Music
- Tina Cousins is a British singer who was known in the 90s as “The Dance Queen”.
- She released ‘Pray‘ just after her famous collaboration with DJ Sash! on ‘Mysterious Times’.
- ‘Pray‘ was a major hit on the charts worldwide becoming a dance anthem, as well as a gay symbol of the end of the millennium.
- By the way, Tina Cousins featured in a Rolling Stones video. There is an urban legend telling that Tina pushed Mike Jagger into a pool because he accidentally hit her with the elbow when she was passing by him at a party 😱
- ¿Did you know that Whigfield story is very similar to Milli Vanilli’s? Yes, it turns out that the girl who performed in videos, live shows and interviews, the Danish singer Sannie Charlotte Carlso, wasn’t the one who recorded the songs on the studio. The actual singer was the British Ann Lee, known for ‘2 Times‘. If you listen to both songs, you will notice some similarities 😂
- In any case, Whigfield made a mark in eurodance music in the 90s. You could hear ‘Think of You‘ in all parties everywhere in the world.
- The extended version of the track featured the line “I need you inside me tonight”, that was changed to “I need you beside me tonight” to avoid any scandal, can you believe it! 👯
- Whigfield was more than a decade releasing dance hits, being specially remembered for “Saturday Night”. A dance classic.
- Coti is undoubtedly one of the most prolific singer-songwriters in Argentina.
- From a very young age, he knew that music was his life, so he worked hard until he became a composer for great artists such as Sergio Dalma, Julieta Venegas or Alejandro Lerner. He also wrote Diego Torres’ hope anthem ‘Color Esperanza (Hope Colour)‘.
- Coti was sure that at some point he would have his opportunity to release his own music, and so it happened with the self-titled debut album ‘Coti‘ that was a huge success in Spanish-speaking countries. The album included ‘Antes que ver el sol (Before the sunrise)‘, a perfect song to party in a bar with your friends.
- By the way, the chorus of the song goes “antes que ver el sol, prefiero escuchar tu voz (before the sunrise, I prefer to hear your voice)” but the original version was “…prefiero escucharte a vos (I prefer to hear you)”. ‘Vos‘ is an Argentinian idiomatic expression that means ‘You‘, but it was changed to reach a wider audience. I’m sure it would have succeeded anyway, don’t you think?
- Leif Garrett was a child actor who became a teenage music idol in United States in the 70s, not without a fierce competition with Shaun Cassidy. Leif won 👱
- Unfortunately, he later fell into drugs and had several legal problems. Leif Garrett is currently close to 60, sober and has shared his story in the book “Idol Truth ”.
- ‘I Was Made for Dancin‘ is a song with an infectious groove that takes you to a 70s disco. It reminds me of “Grease”, right?
- Black Eyed Peas ‘The E.N.D.‘ album means ‘The Energy Never Dies‘. It’s a plea of what you will find in the record.
- ‘I’ve Gotta Feeling‘ is their flagship song. The music prompts you to kickstart the party.
- Not many know that the song was not only written by Will.i.am (member of Black Eyed Peas), but French DJ David Guetta, who even featured in the video and was essential for the track. Many parts of his “Love Is Gone” are used in ‘I’ve Gotta Feeling‘. Just listen to the first notes and you will realize 🎵
- Black Eyed Peas broke the record for most consecutive weeks at #1 in the rock era with this song. 20 weeks in all.
- The band described the song as a:
college anthem for people looking forward to escaping life’s pressures by going out and having a ball
- There are a couple Yiddish expressions in the track: “Mazel Tov” and “L’chaim (to life)”.
- Don Omar, “the king of reggaeton”, is a Puerto Rican singer known because he was one of the most influential reggaeton musicians in the world in the 2000s.
- When he was at the top, certain legal problems, as well as disputes with other artists, cut short his career. He explains it all in this video: “Lo que no sabías de mí (What you didn’t know about me)”.
- ‘Dale Don Dale‘ continues to play in all Latin American pubs and clubs making people go crazy.
- For those of you who are gamers, in case you were wondering, the song was used in Grand Theft Auto IV: The Lost and Damned video game.
- Don’t tell me that you haven’t jumped along with your friend in a bar, shouting “La, la, la, la, …”, to the sound of ‘I Will Survive’. Of course! it’s the quintessential party song.
- We are specially into Hermes House Band cover because they added the indispensable “la-la-la” to the track, altering the sound a bit to make it more modern. It has kind of a House vibe.
- Hermes House Band is a band from the Netherlands, formed in 1984 by members of the Hermes society. They follow a rule that everyone who finishes their studies must leave the band. Imagine how many members they have already had! 👫👫👫👫👫👫👫
- Gloria Gaynor 1978 original song has a funny story behind. It was written by 2 Motown producers, Freddie Perren and Dino Fekaris. The latter was fired and while he was spending some time watching TV he heard one of his composition. He took it as an omen and started jumping on the bed singing ‘I’m going to make it. I’m going to be a songwriter. I will survive!“.
- ‘I Will Survive‘ became an anthem in the gay community, but its reach extends much farther. It has been reproduced in more than 20 languages, and as you could expect, it is one of the most popular Karaoke songs 🎤
YouTube Playlist Best Party Songs
In some mobiles the Playlist does not automatically change the song. If this is your case, and you want to listen to it followed, click here and enjoy it directly on our YouTube channel
Spotify Playlist Best Party Songs
Find more music related to:ABBA | Ana Mena | Becky G | Black Eyed Peas | Black Eyed Peas | Cher | Coti | Dance | David Guetta | De la Guetto | Destiny's Child | Don Omar | Don Omar | Fedde Le Grand | Hermes House Band | Hermes House Band | Kelly Rowland | Lefi Garrett | Matthew Koma | Music 1978 | Music 1979 | Music 1979 | Music 1989 | Music 1995 | Music 2000 | Music 2002 | Music 2002 | Music 2003 | Music 2003 | Music 2004 | Music 2009 | Music 2012 | Music 2018 | Music Argentina | Music Dominican Republic | Music France | Music Holland | Music Italy | Music Spain | Music Sweden | Music USA | Nicky Romero | Pop | Puerto Rico Music | R&B | Reggaeton | Spotify Playlist | Tina Cousins | UK Music | Whigfield | YouTube Playlist