Dua Lipa biography [1995-2022] How to become the biggest pop star in 4 years?
Who would have thought this young Londoner that a few tracks posted on SoundCloud would be the first rung on her ladder to stardom? Discover the true story of Dua Lipa and all her music from her beginnings with New Rules to her latest album Future Nostalgia 🚀
3 Songs to know Dua Lipa
🏆 GREATEST HITS
If you don’t want to fall back into a past relationship that doesn’t suit you, pay attention to Dua Lipa’s catchy rules!
💛 TREMBOL FAVE
Dua Lipa made Physical as a tribute to Olivia Newton-John‘s great song. One of the world’s biggest hits in 2020 that we tell you about in our Hits Playlist
Love Again is the latest single released by the singer.
Undoubtedly, the concept of her video will surprise you.
Dua Lipa Trembol Card
- 🗿 Name: Dua Lipa, just that 😉
- 🎂 Year: He was born on August 22, 1995 in London.
- 👫 Genres: Pop, disco, house and R&B.
- ✍🏽 Signature:
- 🎻 Instruments: Dua Lipa learned to play the cello during her childhood and teenage years, although she has admitted that she gave it up a few years ago,
- 💿 Discography: Dua has released 2 albums, although, after her success, many more are sure to come soon.
- 🔗 Official Website : dualipa.com
- 🗣 Social Media: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.
Success for me is simply doing things I’m proud of.
Other music stories you’re going to love
Ricky Martin. Livin’ la Vida Loca
Camila Cabello & Shawn Mendes Love story
Taylor Swift. Life and albums
Dua Lipa | Biography and albums
Dua Lipa was born in London in 1995, went to live to Kosovo, hometown of her parents as a kid and return all by herself to UK when she was only 15 years old to look for a chance in the music industry.
She struggled a lot but made it. After just 4 years on stage, she has proved that it is not necessary to reach the highest notes to succeed.
With a defined style, we are in front of an artist who has grown with each of her works, aware that there is always room for improvement and that effort has its rewards.
Chapter 1 | Big changes to pursue a dream
Dua Lipa was born on August 22, 1995, in London, where her parents, Dukagjin Lipa and Anesa Rexha, moved in 1992 as refugees at the time of the Bosnian War.
Due to the Kosovar Albanian origin of her parents and after the end of the conflicts, the family returned to their homeland due to the work of Dua’s father, when she was 11 years old.
- Dua Lipa is the eldest daughter of the couple, who have two other children, Rina and Gjin.
- Upon arriving in London, her father, Dukagjin Lipa, got a job in marketing for a music festival production company. He was also a vocalist and guitarist for the rock band Oda in Kosovo. You can guess where Dua’s passion for music come from 👨👧
At the age of 12 she was already performing at her school like a star (here’s the video) 🌟
Although Dua adapted perfectly to her life in Kosovo, when she turned 15 she decided to return to the UK on her own to pursue her dream in music, as she saw no chance of success in Kosovo 🎶
- Despite her young age her parents endorsed this decision.
- Eventually, Dua went to live with a friend, despite this a few years later she confessed:
It was a bit scary, but I always had my friends close by and I talked to my parents every day… that experience made me who I am now.
In London, she began her high school studies and entered the Sylvia Young School of Drama. To be able to afford it, she did odd jobs as a waitress, in a clothing store, as a model and even as a hostess in a nightclub, from where she had to kick her friends out more than once 💪🏽.
- She had to quit her job because her friends were more important to Dua.
Dua Lipa Cover on YouTube
- When Dua was 14 years old she began to publish covers on YouTube and at the age of 17 she wrote her first song, ‘‘Lions, Tigers & Bears’, inspired by The Wizard of Oz. She shared it on her SoundCloud profile.
- It was on that platform where after a while, Dua was discovered by Ben Mawson, manager at Warner Bros.
She was rejected from choir because of her vocal range
Did you know that Dua Lipa was rejected from the school choir? Yes, the reason was that they considered her voice not ready to reach high notes, a fact that as you know has not been an impediment for her to achieve the dream of being a songstar 🎤
Chapter 2 | Dua Lipa new rules
Dua signs her representation with Tap Management. Since she was working as a waitress at the time, her managers decided to pay her monthly so she could quit the job and focus only on writing music.
After a lot of back and forth trying to figure out her sound, everything starts to fall into place when she writes ‘‘Hotter Than Hell’ 🔥.
- Finally, in 2015 she signed her first record deal with Warner Bros. That same summer her first single, ‘New Love’, is released.
Dua Lipa New Love
Dua Lipa Be The One
Contrary to what was thought, ‘New Love’ did not have much success, so Dua quickly released as a second single, ‘Be The One’, which became a worldwide hit 🌎
- Between late 2015 and mid-2016 her popularity grew exponentially. She was nominated by the BBC in the ‘Sound of…’ chart and also took part in the SXSW festival in United States, a performance for which she received her first nomination at the MTV European Music Awards.
- Before releasing her fifth single, Dua Lipa appears on The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon, where she performs ‘Hotter Than Hell‘.
- ‘Blow Your Mind (Mwah)’ becomes Dua’s most popular song in United States. It delivers a message of self-acceptance alluding to her time as a model, a career she had to abandon as the industry considered her fat, can you believe it? 🤨
That year Dua Lipa recorded a Spotify Session, singing 5 of her best tracks live.
Her budding success put her in the spotlight of singers like Sean Paul or Martin Garrix, with whom Dua Lipa collaborated in ‘No Lie‘ and ‘Scared To Be Lonely‘ respectively. Dua also released a song with Miguel, titled ‘Lost In Your Light‘.
- In 2017 her first album was published at last, written entirely by her, and bearing her name Dua Lipa.
- The artist describes it as a work of “dark pop” with tinges of “sadness“.
- ‘New Rules’ becoma her first number 1 in the UK, also the first for a female vocalist after Adele’s ‘Hello‘.
Dua Lipa Scared To Be Lonely
At that time Dua Lipa was invited to perform as an opening act for Bruno Mars and Coldplay, what a rush!
- In 2018 Dua Lipa is also invited to the Champions League final opening ceremony ⚽ and becomes the most nominated artist at the Brit Awards.
Moreover, 2018 left us with:
Calvin Harris & Dua Lipa One Kiss
In 2019 Dua Lipa released ‘Swan Song’, for James Cameron’s film, ‘Battle Angel: The Last Warrior‘. During that year, Lipa claimed to be working on the composition of her second CD, for which she wanted a nostalgic and danceable sound.
- In between lyrics, she took time out to star a campaing for Yves Saint Laurent perfume Libre 👃🏽
Later that year Dua Lipa released ‘Don’t Start Now’ as a teaser for her 2nd album, ‘Future Nostalgia’, which was scheduled for release in April 2020, followed by a promotional tour.
Dua Lipa Don’t Start Now
Did you know that Dua tattooed on her arm the name of the album?
She said: “Everything I do is very autobiographical. I try to be as open as I can to give my fans everything about me”.
In January 2020, our favourite Dua Lipa song, ‘Physical’, was released. It was an absolute success, but it was not all good news, not only the pandemic broke out but the whole album is leaked in high quality.
Dua Lipa appeared in the media crying inconsolably at the sight of so much stolen work 😭
- It didn’t last long. Dua Lipa pulled herself together quickly and a few days later, Break My Heart, her third single was playing on all radio stations.
- The original album publishind date was rescheduled and on March 27, Future Nostalgia was filling music stores shelves, being also available on all digital platforms 💿
Dua Lipa Break my Heart
Despite its bumpy release, Future Nostalgia debuted with exceptionally good figures because of its great Pop style, reminiscent of the 80’s and 90’s.
- Dua Lipa achieved the record for the most listened to album on Spotify in a single day by a female artist in the UK and the US 📻
- She also won her third gramophone for Best Pop Vocal Album at the 2021 Grammy Awards 🏆
Did you know that Dua Lipa loves boxing 🥊?
That’s right, she practices boxing to relax as soon as she has a little time. It is one of her biggest hobbies.
Dua Lipa y DaBaby Levitating
Dua Lipa We’re Good
‘Levitating’ was the song chosen by Dua Lipa as the fifth single from Future Nostalgia. Due to its success multiple versions were made with great artists such as Madonna and Missy Elliott or DaBaby.
- Levitating also brough some iconic performances by Dua Lipa , such as those at the Grammys 2021 or the American Music Awards 2020.
- The last months of 2020 were pretty busy for Dua Lipa. She sung ‘Fever‘ with the French artist Angèle, and featured Miley Cyrus on the hit ‘Prisoner‘.
But that’s not all, Dua Lipa ended 2020 with Studio 2054, an online concert with amazing guest artists such as Kylie Minogue, Madonna and Miley Cyrus.
- In 2021 Dua Lipa surprises her fans with ‘We’re Good‘, the promotional single of the new edition of her album, titled Future Nostalgia: The Moonlight Edition.
- This deluxe version includes new unreleased tracks such as ‘That Kind Of Woman’ or ‘Not My Problem’ along with ‘Un día (One Day)’ with J. Balvin, Bad Bunny and Tainy.
Dua Lipa (Facebook Image)
Although she has become a superstar in a truly short time, her path has not been a bed of roses. The leak of her album, the criticism of her voice and her way of dancing at the beginning of her career have only given her wings to improve and be a stronger woman today. Without a doubt, we have Dua Lipa for a long while 💃
Don’t miss our playlist with the best Dua Lipa songs
🤔 Google most searched questions about Dua Lipa
Who is Dua Lipa dating?
Dua was dating on and off with chef Isaac Carew between 2013 and 2018.
For the past 2 years Dua Lipa has been dating model Anwar Hadid (Gigi and Bella Hadid’s brother). From what we can see on Dua Lipa’s Instagram, they are not doing badly at all ❤️
What is Dua Lipa height?
Dua Lipa is 1.73 meters (5ft 8) tall, a height that helped her to work as a model for a while, although, luckily, she decided to focus on music and quit modelling early.
What is Dua Lipa's real name?
Plain and simple because it is her real name. The origin of this name is Albanian and means ‘love’.
Who is Dua Lipa's dad?
It seems that not only Dua has conquered the world, but her father is also admired across the globe. Dukagjin Lipa, which is the name of the artist’s dad, originally from Kosovo, is also intricately linked to the music industry, having even been the lead singer of a rock band called Oda.
He is also known for being the director of the Sunny Hill Festival, where his daughter was one of the main artists in 2018.
How did Dua Lipa get famous?
Social Media, specifically YouTube and Soundcloud have been the showcase for many new stars. This is also the case of Dua Lipa, who started uploading covers to YouTube when she was only 14 years old.
🎁 Dua Lipa best-selling items
Dua Lipa Future Nostalgia
The new 2021 edition of Future Nostalgia, called Moonlight Edition. It includes previously unreleased tracks and all the hits such as Levitating.
Learn to play like the best
Piano, Ukulele, Guitar, in E-CHORDS they have millions of songs to learn to play your favorite songs.
All Dua Lipa
Records, vinyls, posters… anything you can imagine from Dua Lipa.
Dua Lipa life-size
A must-have for any fan. A life-size cut of the artist with a smaller one as a gift.
Dua Lipa, 1st album
The album that made her known and turned her into the world’s No 1. You can’t miss it!