Congrats! If you like Pop, LOVA and her debut album ‘Grown-ish’ are for you
LOVA, LOVA, LOVA, we repeat the name so that you can remember it, because you will hear it often in the coming years. This young Swedish girl has a natural talent for Pop, that is reflected in her first album “Grown-ish”, where she mulls over balancing between teens and adulthood.
LOVA Dance for the Hell of it
- Swedish Pop singer/songwriter LOVA has just released in 2021 her long-awaited debut album “Grown-ish”.
- The album describes her journey towards maturity and independence, through a collection of heartfelt lyrics and catchy beats.
- Thus, ‘Dance For The Hell Of It’ was born, the best song on the album, which invites us to take life less seriously.
- LOVA described the album:
For the first time, I wrote for myself. I asked myself ‘what are people going through?’ I wanted it to be very much like a diary and very personal. It was therapeutic for me, and the title resonated with where I am in my life. It’s a way to show every side of me. All of the songs are creating the story, but the album is also what made the songs. I’m excited to be able to go back to it in ten years and reminisce how I felt during this time.
LOVA Lonely One
Who is LOVA? | Short biography
- Lava Alvide (LOVA) is a singer born in Stockholm, who at the age of 12 was already participating, and winning, music festivals in Sweden. That led her to take part in Eurovision Junior becoming popular in her country.
- Her parents did not want her to suffer any media pressure at her age, so she left music aside and focused on school. Even so, she continued composing music, as something natural, a way to express herself, with no ambition to have her songs published.
- In 2016, with her coming of age, she signed her first contract with a record label, but it wouldn’t be until 2018 that she would release her first hit single “You and Me and The Silence”, and shortly after the EP “Scripted Reality”. LOVA said then:
I felt like if I wanted to make a difference in the world, music was the only way I knew how.
- In 2019 she would release her second EP, “A Gentleman’s Guide”, with which she generated even more expectation.
- She took advantage of the time locked up by the pandemic to polish the songs that would make up her fantastic album, “Grown-ish”.
- LOVA has a promising future, because she is a great artist and because she wants to convey this message of support to the world with her music:
“You’re not alone in your feelings and whatever it is you can talk about it. Nothing’s fucking wrong with you”